Monday, July 22, 2013

just stuff

the kittens are now 7 weeks old. Chuck Norris (or as maddy calls him, chuck norns, lol) Miracle (ill tell the story of her name in a few) Cocoa, Checkers, and Tyke. everytime they see me, they run up to me and LAUNCH themselves at my legs to climb. they call me the "crazy kitten lady" lol. if i sit on they floor and they spot me, theyll all run over to me to climb, apparently im a kitten jungle gym. little crazies. they eat solid food now, drink water from a dish, and they like people food. but we only give them that once a week. they use the litter pan (literally one of my cookie sheets as a litter pan, the litter box is too big for them to get into)
ALL 5 on me. starting at top left: checkers, chuck norris, tyke, miracle and cocoa

3 on my back. left to right: tyke, chuck norris and checkers


today is hubbys bday. hes 32. though a couple months ago he tried to make me think he was going on 33. then i said to him "oh, so you were born in '80, not '81?" he said "no, i was born in '81" i told him "so that would make you turning 32, dumbass" my mind may be slipping, but my brother is 1 yr older than him. dingledorf.

next wednesday is going to be a BAD day for me. it will be 26 yrs since i last saw my twin brother. yes, that was the day he was killed. oh i KNOW hes around me at all times, and we STILL have the twin connection, we ALWAYS will, but its just the fact that hes not here physically. i often wonder what he would be like, if he would have any kids, if he would be married. stuff like that.
made this last year for his anniversary

so onto how miracle got her name. a few weeks ago, we had to bring her to the emergency vet. she wasnt acting right, not walking, pooping on herself, so i had hubby bring her. they said that her heart rate was low, her temp was low, and they gave her a 50/50 chance. and what caused all of this was MINOR head trauma, while we DONT know how she got it, hubby told the vet that our 4 yr old was running while holding her and she tripped. and thats what weve gone with since we DONT know how. i stayed up all that night, worried about the little girl, figuring that at ANY time the vet would call in the middle of the night to tell me she didnt make it. NO phone call, so i called the next morning and asked how she was doing. the vet said "shes eating breakfast, whatever her head trauma was resolved itself overnight, shes doing great. shes playing and acting like a normal kitten, i was going to call right after she had breakfast" i asked him "if she hadnt made it, would you have called in the middle of the night?" he said "with a kitten this young, yes i would have, you didnt sleep cuz you thought i would call right?" i said "thats right" he said "well you can come pick her now, shes ready to go home to play with her siblings, and have some of moms milk" so i ran into the house and said very excitedly (and tears in my eyes) "we can go get her, shes ready, come on lets go" we were all out of the house and on our way to get her within 5 mins. she cost us 150 dollars, so we decided to keep her too (and cocoa, since hes a male calico. when shes old enough shes getting fixed, and so is her mother. it was a miracle she survived, so thats what we named her.

hubbys mother (yes my MIL) and his step father want us to move in with them. while yes it WILL help us save money til we can save enough for our OWN place, i have a few problems...mainly they like to criticize, i foresee a LOT of arguing between us and them. and no privacy. i told brian, give me 350 dollars, ill go to the bank to clear my debt and we can get a damn loan for a freaking house. oh another issue is they wont allow me to bring my kitty zoo. sorry but im not giving up ANY of my cats. two of them are 10 fucking years old. 2 are 1 yr old maybe a little older and the two babies. ive had to give up cats to move before and i REFUSE to do it again. while yes it was my decision to do so, but it would have been torture for them to be stuck in a laundry basket for two days. and yes they were brothers, but they were 5 1/2 yrs old. we brought them to the humane society right before we left. my mom brought them in and told them they were both fixed, they were good with small children, they were both polydactyl, up to date on shots, good with other cats and good with dogs. since they were raised around all of the above. they were sweet boys. i loved them. their names were christopher and salem. salem being all black. christopher (or as mack used to call him kissyfur) was gray/white tiger striped.  they were both adopted out within an hour, to the same house. because thats what my mom told them. they HAD to go together, they couldnt be separated. my dad went to get them later that day and found out that they were already adopted.


No comments:

Post a Comment