Thursday, March 21, 2013

when i worked at hotels cleaning rooms....and other stuff

so on saturday is the big 3-5. all i know is i better get something good, and get the cake i want...and if you know anything about me and what my fave sport is, its racing. and since you know that, then you would know my favorite driver is dale jr. and thats what i want on my cake (the actual person would be nice, but since im off in lala land, i KNOW that wont happen) lmao. this story im about to tell is so funny...when i was working at a gas station i had a coworker who liked JR as much as i do, well, hes a redhead, and so is my oldest daughter, so i told my (former) coworker that she was his..and she BELIEVED me. she asked me "does he pay child support?" i said "no, im not a gold digger, i dont want his money, hes coming up this weekend to see us though. he might give me some money then, but he knows i wont take it" the look on her face was PRICELESS. anything i said that concerned him and my daughter she believed. i was straight lying thru my teeth, but hey she was really gullible. then, being a royal smartass that i am, i took a pic of him and a pic of her and put them side by side, and she said "she looks just like him" i said "see, i told you that shes his" lmfao, they look NOTHING alike, other than the red hair. he has green eyes, shes got blue. i have blue. lol. while yes i have met his father, i NEVER met him. ive met some other celebrities as well...the joys of  cleaning hotel rooms. i even had to kick a nascar driver out of his room cuz he was an asshole. i was 18 at the time, and the driver drove the cornflake car, terry labonte. yeah hes a major dick. he tried to tell me how to do my job (ok, i was new to the hotel and new to the state of fl) so i told him "do i tell you how to drive a race car?" he said "no" so i said "then dont tell me how to do MY job. i may not make a lot of money, like you do, but this is MY job, not yours" he then told me "im reporting you to the head housekeeper" i said "go ahead, shes not gonna do anything" lmfao, the head housekeeper was my mom. so he went and told on me. of course i didnt get into trouble. such an ass. lmfao. as he was leaving to go practice i told him "make all RIGHT turns" and if you know racing/watch racing, they only make LEFT turns. ill be damned that he didnt make a right turn. what a dumbfuck. at another hotel i worked at with my mom, she was head housekeeper/laundry...we had a V.I.P room for a week. the V.I.P requested that "the mom/daughter team" only clean the room. the mom/daughter team? yup, me and my mom. the V.I.P? james earl jones and his wife. they left us each 50 bucks, EVERYDAY. that was more than i made in a day. another time, same hotel it was B.C.R. (black college reunion) and i had 3 floors to myself, (out of 7, i had floors 3,4,5) and at the this time i was on the 3rd floor cleaning, and two of the rooms were checking out. we had to leave cards with our names on it so they could know who their housekeeper was...well as i was cleaning one room, one of the people in one of the rooms that was checking out came up to me and said "are you becky?" i said "yes i am" she said "this is for you" and handed me 20. i said "thanks" she said "i wanted to make sure that you got it" i said "thanks" she said "in the other room is 10 dollars" i said "ok, thank you" then she left. sure enough i got 30 dollars from the two rooms. i went down to show my mom and she said "i get half" i said "no way mom" she said "im your mother, i trump everything, i get half" i growled at her and gave her 10. lmao. same hotel...SPRING BREAK. on the 6th floor helping another housekeeper since i didnt really have anything on my 3 floors, some college kids decided they wanted to take our pics with them. another time, same place, just a random day, helping the same girl (we called her little bit, she was really short) we knocked on a door, and they guy answered the door BUTT NAKED. we wanted to die. then offered him his clean towels. did not step foot in that door. and told him, next time to cover up. we didnt need to see that. yet another day my glasses broke (was a sunday) mom had given us radios so she could keep in contact with us...she knew right off that it was a BAD idea to give me one, because i refused to call her by her name on the radio and kept calling her MOM. well this day, i called her on the radio and asked where she was, she said she was in the laundry room and asked why. i told her "you need to call dad, i cant see" she said "what do you mean you cant see?" i said "my glasses broke, i cant see" so she came up to see where i was and stuff and called my dad. who had to come pick me up and bring me to the mall to get new glasses. that was the roughest 3 hours of my life. i had A BAD headache. you see, i cannot see a foot in front of my face without glasses. same hotel my 21st bday. my moms boss told her "whether you like it or not, im taking her out clubbing on her 21st" my mom couldnt object, went to dinner that night, started drinking since i was legal. (my oldest daughter was less than 2 months old) my moms boss picked me up at 9 and we went out. the night was mostly a blur, but i do remember her telling every DJ of every club we went into that it was my 21st so a lot of guys were buying me drinks and doing shots with me and i was wearing mardi gras beads. and i dont remember anything after that. my moms boss didnt drink and drive so all she had was water all night. i dont even remember how i got home or into bed, but when i woke up the next morning i was still wearing the mardi gras beads...lol...went to work, she sent me home. i told her i didnt have a hangover and i was fine to work, she made me go home, she even drove me home.

1 comment: