Tuesday, May 31, 2011

memorial day

yesterday was memorial day. it was also the day we buried my grandpas ashes. and it would have been my grandparents 65th anniversary. after we buried his ashes, we went to one of my aunts houses and had eggs benedict. wasnt so bad, i shared my plate with maddy, as usual. then my gram said she had a couple surprises for the fam. couldnt imagine what it was. she showed some old pocketwatches and gold coins. my dad took the coins so he could see what they were worth. not sure how much they are worth. then she handed out envelopes, which we all knew what was inside,  it was from my great aunts lottery winnings. several years ago she won 1 million on a 5 dollar scratch ticket, and when she passed it went to one of her other brothers, he passed, so it went to another brother and when he passed it went to my grandpa, and now that hes passed my gram gets the payments, each one of their kids got 500. thats a total of 2500. 5 kids times 500, equals 2500. but my gram had an extra one, which confused me at first til she said it was for me, it wasnt 500, it was 100. which is very helpful. she was talking to one of my aunts and said that each of her kids got 500 and she wanted to give me a little something so she gave me 100. that was a complete surprise. then i went out to the van to have a cig and one of my other aunts asked how much i got and i said "100, why how much did you get?" she goes "500" i said "bitch" then we started laughing. shes the aunt i go grocery shopping with every month. after we left there, we stopped at walmart to pick up a few things, like diapers, a hose and nozzle so we can fill up maddys pool. she seems to like it. she was playing in it yesterday. without whining or screaming, which she does at bathtime. then as a mini honeymoon in august me and brian are taking off for the weekend to VA. by ourselves...lol. KID FREE! shes going to keep both kids that weekend for us. i really need that. im always around the kids and they drive me bonkers sometimes. but thats what kids do. theyre good most of the time. the other day one of macks friends got grounded because she said she didnt have anything to eat at her own house and came over to mine to eat dinner, she lied got caught and was grounded. good, she can be quite annoying. always asking the same questions. oh well. shes not allowed over here for a week. gives me a break for a week. lol. my nerves are slowly calming down. NOT MUCH but a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment